Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

Clear bra, Advantages/disadvantages

Old 03-22-2009, 02:21 PM
mrrrkva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear bra, Advantages/disadvantages

I wish I got on on the last car I got. With the lower hoodline on the Z is anyone using them? Is it very noticeable on the Z?

BTW, this will be one of my last post until I pick it up? Just was going to get this done right away if it is a good idea.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:37 PM
B1nKs
Banned

I have the 3M one on my 2008 PPW 350Z and nobody notices it on my car until they get close up or in certain lights. But make sure where you get it installed is badass because it's hard to get it to fit right to the curves of the car. The only other PITA is when clay barring the clay gets caught up on the edge of it but you can take a microfiber and just run it along the seam to pick it up.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
mrrrkva

Has the price on this really moved up to $600. When I looked last year it was like $350
Old 03-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Dealsgap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's a "digishield"

I Got mine put on my 08 Touring when I bought the car last year (they called it a "digishield"). I think I paid around $700 for the whole front end and mirrors. The dealer did it and did a great job. It was money well spent. I've seen several Z's without the "clear bra" and the front end was all beat to heck...I wash and wax it just like the rest of the car. One year out, and there is not one mark on the front end anywhere...
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
ZBay

Originally Posted by Dealsgap
I Got mine put on my 08 Touring when I bought the car last year (they called it a "digishield"). I think I paid around $700 for the whole front end and mirrors. The dealer did it and did a great job. It was money well spent. I've seen several Z's without the "clear bra" and the front end was all beat to heck...I wash and wax it just like the rest of the car. One year out, and there is not one mark on the front end anywhere...
Which film do you have?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 AM
Dealsgap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default a digi...what?

Not sure what this particular dealer used.(what brand)..as I said they called it a "digi-shield"....I had never heard it called this before. They had it on most of the Z's at that time on their lot..If your buying from a dealer they probably have a guy their that installs clear bras (this dealer did)...or what ever they call them..Good luck..
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
HTP AutoWorks

VentureShield Ultra is the best film to go with. It is the cleanest... clarity and lack of orange peel. $650 is not a bas price for th car. Its a fairly easy car to install on... if the installer is good. I have done them in 2 hours with great results.