Old 06-22-2009, 11:23 PM
hatchboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ you didnt know naggar's a baller!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Naggar,

That is a perfect stretch right there. Love the poke. Your car is going to look sick when it is done. Hey let me know about that K-sport..you can pm me.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Big_C

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
You buy tires for fun to test fit? lol.
Nah man. I work at a wheel & tire shop so I have certain advantages which include trying out multiple tires to make sure I get what works best. Also, since I'm not driving on em I can exchange em no problem. Having awesome co-workers that I trust dismounting and mounting my wheels also is a huge plus. Take this shiet to a Discount Tire and your asking for damaged wheels fo sho.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Big_C

Originally Posted by Royal_T
Naggar,

That is a perfect stretch right there. Love the poke. Your car is going to look sick when it is done. Hey let me know about that K-sport..you can pm me.
lol @ hatchboi

Royal - PM'd.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:28 AM
PCH

Originally Posted by hatchboi
^^ you didnt know naggar's a baller!
lol x2
Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 AM
vinniePOOH

soo naggar...this is what ive asked members here on my350z that have a dumped ride, "how are they lowering the car without mess/compressing the shocks?" the technique they used was to have no spring/preload on the coils and have it lose to drop it, which you said beats the purpose of true coils in the rears. soo how much did they custome the k-sport true rears for you?? i was planning to talk to stance about shortening the rear shock body as well but they seem soo busy.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 AM
J. Dub

For those of us going with an aggressive wheel and tire and AREN'T lowering the ride, us rare few don't have to worry about camber or anything do we? (being that we're stock)
I can just balance/mount and go on about my day right?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Big_C

Originally Posted by vinniePOOH
soo naggar...this is what ive asked members here on my350z that have a dumped ride, "how are they lowering the car without mess/compressing the shocks?" the technique they used was to have no spring/preload on the coils and have it lose to drop it, which you said beats the purpose of true coils in the rears. soo how much did they custome the k-sport true rears for you?? i was planning to talk to stance about shortening the rear shock body as well but they seem soo busy.
I've been wondering what other people with the true rear coilovers are doing also. I know most people are running Stance and some guys on the forum have asked those Stance owners if they are preloading their rear springs or not. I have yet to see any replies.

I received shorter shock bodies for my Ksport's today and I will install them in the next couple days when I have time. I think the shorter shocks bodies will work perfect so that I can get a nice preload and still have the car dropped to the height I want.

I will post pics to show the difference in shock bodies when I can.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 AM
SS728

Originally Posted by 10 TIL 4
Sneak peek of my new setup. In this shot, I have only my front coilovers installed. It was hot as **** yesterday and I managed to change out my whole front brake setup before starting on the suspension so I'll finish the rears this week sometime.

Yes, these wheels have been around. There is no need to chime in and point that out if that is your only purpose. Offsets were on point so I had to pick them up.

Damn Randy!!! Nice!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
andrew16639

Exclamation

Originally Posted by naggar
Um hell yes 19s are WAY easier to fit than 20s and yes I will NEED camber arms front AND rear to pull this off the way I want to!!!

Here is a summary of my day today.....fawking gheyness everywhere lol.

Unfortunately I couldn't get em fitted the way I wanted tonight. 2 things went wrong tonight...

1. I messed up on the rear tire size and thought I could get away with a 255.35.20 but that won't work cause the tire is just way too tall and chubby. The car itself was actually resting on the tire and where the bumper meets the fender it was resting on that too lol. To get to the ride height I want, I need to change it out to a 30 series instead which I will do Monday @ work. That will take me from an overall diameter of 27" to 26" which is a TON of room when it comes to fitting rims and getting the clearances tight.

2. The coilovers in the rear were maxed out on height so instead of preloading the spring and then setting the ride height, I had to remove all the preload so the spring was loose. I also had to remove 2 of the height adjustment collars and leave just one for the spring to sit on. Unfortunately this caused the entire shock to bottom out completely so the car was undrivable. I went with Ksport coilovers since they are a true coilover in back and I didn't want to wait another who knows how long for people to get Stance back in stock, plus Ksport is local in Az and I wanted to support a local company. I personally know the owner and after talking to him today he is willing to make me a custom kit for the rear so I can slam my car and still retain good drivability. A shorter shock is basically all I need so I can get more height adjustment and still preferably keep some preload on the springs. For the everyday Joe, their coilovers work great, but to slam your shiz and roll gangster like I am gonna do, it just doesn't go low enough.

Here is a quick teaser of how low the rear got. Keep in mind the body was resting on the tire itself preventing the car from dropping any more, lol. Also, I do not have any camber arms front or rear at the moment, so I could only adjust what you can do in the rear which is maybe an extra 1-1.5 degrees if that using stock components.

So, I decided to just throw my stock 18s back on and call it a night and work more on it tomorrow but at this ride height I couldn't even pull outta my garage because where the little tiny bump where the end of the garage meets the concrete driveway my exhaust got stuck on it with the stock 18" wheels on. So I had to improvise because it was late and I didn't feel like raising the car up, I just threw my FRONT 20s in the rear since they raise the car up (and clear the fenders) just a hair so I could clear that little bump and get my car on one side of the garage, lol. Notice how much lower the car sits when its not resting on the tire? Still sucks the strut is bottomed out at this point or I'd be good to go with a smaller tire.

This is the front rim in the rear for ***** and giggles and so I could physically move my car:

So, my plans are to raise the rear for now and put all the height adjustment collars back in and set the car at a decent height and put my stock 06 rims on till I get smaller tires in the rear, shorter shocks for the rear and I am gonna get front and rear camber arms just to play it safe. After this experience, 20s are a whole different ballgame than 19s. Atleast with my offsets and widths it is.
Whats the spec's on the rims. Size and Offset
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Big_C

hatchboi - I gained a TON of clearance changing to that 255.30 in the rear. I'd suggest you ditch your 245.35s in favor of those. You'll be surprised how much room you will gain. Plus, its almost an identical match to a 225.35 in front when you look at the overall diameter.

35 series in the rear for 20s with offsets like ours aint gonna cut it. I'm tellin ya.

I'll have my wheels finally on tomorrow night.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't wait naggar, going to look sick.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Almost there.....just need a few more parts that I'm getting tomorrow and I'll be done soon
Can't wait o see the final product. My buddy Mark was just telling me about your ride today...
Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys have absolutely no rubbing issues at all with aggressive front offsets? Even though I'm not running stretch tires, not even that low nor that aggressive yet I still rub.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:14 AM
nosurf2day

I had the same problem, but then I went to a 30 profile tire instead of the 35 and the rub stopped. I noticed that different vendor tires have a different stretch profile. that could be your problem as well. I had nothing agressive 255 on the front and I went from one vendor to another and one rubbed and the other didnt, that is why I went to the 30 profile, didnt think that it would be a type of tire issue, and I didnt feel like going through serveral tires to find one that didnt rub. I was not a fan of the nitto 555 that I had on which is why I didnt stay with that tire. They SUCK in the rain.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Big_C

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
You guys have absolutely no rubbing issues at all with aggressive front offsets? Even though I'm not running stretch tires, not even that low nor that aggressive yet I still rub.
We are all running stiff coilover suspension. There is barely any suspension movement, so when we run this aggressive and have enough negative camber, the wheel tucks right up into the fender. You don't need much clearance. I usually gauge my clearance by sliding my driver's license or credit card between the tire and fender, if it slides all the way across side to side without touching the tire then I have enough clearance
Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
darkzschneider

We are all running stiff coilover suspension. There is barely any suspension movement, so when we run this aggressive and have enough negative camber, the wheel tucks right up into the fender. You don't need much clearance. I usually gauge my clearance by sliding my driver's license or credit card between the tire and fender, if it slides all the way across side to side without touching the tire then I have enough clearance
not sure if this has been discussed yet..
But what kind of coilovers you guys running and what type of spring rates?
Any preload?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Finally got APPROVED

Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
fatboy.yoshi

very nice status
Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 PM
-miltdoggie-

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick (Status VIP) That 370z is killer!!!! DAMN!

I haven't been on in a while and come back to just see all the Texas Boys just Killing it!!!!

Downtime...

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome